Here is a semi-complete explanation of Clint Page's Top 10 Skills for High-School Students. It has been shortened for the purpose of this blog. The list may be found in its entirety as an interactive site at:
Whether you're a freshman or a senior, developing the following 10 skills will help you achieve success in school, in your chosen career, and in life.
· There are just 24 hours in each day.
· High-school students average 35 hours per week of class time.
· Get your "free" time under control.
· Use a daily planner.
· Get the maximum out of each day.
GOOD STUDY HABITS
· Always be prepared for class, and attend classes regularly. No cutting!
· Complete assignments thoroughly and in a timely manner.
· Review your notes daily rather than cram for tests the night before.
· Set aside quiet time each day for study — even if you don't have homework or a test the next day!